Thursday, May 3, 2007

Stormy Night

On my way home from church, I realized, "wow, this is no ordinary thunderstorm" Although they said 80 mph winds, they reached over 100 mph. I didn't stop at Walmart and came straight home...good thing. As I was pulling into the drive our grill comes flying right in front of us! (seriously felt like a scene from that tornado movie)...if I was 4 inches further it would've crashed into my van. As I was pulling into the drive way I see our trampoline fly through the air!

All I could think was the entire back of our house is windows! It had to of crashed through. Sure enough was slammed against our back porch with one leg cracking a window. Thank God it was big...or it would've crashed more of the windows.

Our big favorite tree in the front got a blow to it too. Isaac was super sad that his "climbing" tree was damaged--but as you can see it's still climable. Just the two tallest branches were blown down.

All in all, everything worked out. The worst part about it was the power outage. It happened right in the middle of our "show" and--of course at the climax part. To make matters worse, our TIVO is electric, so it didn't record it when the power went out. Sad huh? The kids were fine and probably had their best night sleep. Amazing storm, amazing God who shows the storms where to go.

3 comments:

April said...

Yikes, glad everyone is OK! I think our neighborhood must have been the one neighborhood that spared from the winds, b/c everywhere else I drove today, I saw tons of downed trees. Crazy!

velvet said...

SCARY! Glad you all are safe. Rana and Owen would love that climbin tree.

Tammy said...

woh. I'm so glad you guys are all safe. I'm always amazed at the storms in TX and OK and down south. We don't have many thunderstorms here in Crimea. Love you sis, tam.