Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Preschool Graduation/Promotion



Well, the McKee's stole the show! Isaac graduated (with honors hee hee:) from Preschool and Rhea promoted to K-4! I was cracking up, even though I was conducting the performance and singing in the production myself. Just wanted to share some photos. Here is my "big" kids. The other little girl is Elisabeth. I've babysat (or babysitted) her since she was 18 months old. She and Isaac and Rhea are very close.
Here is Rhea singing her heart out....she was the best
"ABC" singer
I've ever heard!


When the kids walked across the stage to get their "diploma" most of them gave me a hug. Mine gave a FULL BODY hug. Of course he's the class clown and "life of the party" I wonder who he got that from?


The Pastor spoke about the time our kids will be in a classroom vs. the time they spend with mom and dad. It was amazing. The next 12 years our babies will be asleep or influenced by a teacher more than they'll be with us. Imagine putting them in sports, ballet, gymnastics, and all the church activities too. When do we get to influence them? It was very convicting and made me realize I've got to make a conscience effort to spend A LOT of time with my children. They are the future...and I have a hand in the future! Scary.
Couldn't leave out Abby :) I'll have a blog on her birthday...which is TOMORROW!

2 comments:

velvet said...

What a handsome young man. Wasn't it just yesterday that I came to see you in the hospital at his birth? I really can't even think about it with my own. It's just too hard.

April said...

They're all so adorable, I'm sure you were proud!
True facts, but remember many of those other adults will be very awesome and will be a positive influence on your kids. I'm praying for that anyway!