Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Resurrection Sunday

Isaac is the ole' pro at this huntin' thing!
I know it takes me a while to get these up, but bear with me! I do want to talk about Easter Sunday. It was so sweet! Easter eve it SNOWED!!!! so the sweet little summer/spring dresses we bought are still in the closet for a warmer day...but here are some great pictures of my babies!
Because I am teaching Sunday School to 1-2nd graders, and do Pre-K Children's church, I don't get much "spiritual food" on Sunday mornings (well adult spritual food) :) I do, however, enjoy so greatly the faces of the kids when they finally "get it". Easter is NOT about the Easter Bunny and Easter eggs...but about a risen Savior who makes a way for us to live! As one little boy said, "I know, He died on the cross for us to live...for our bad words and stuff." and another girl "He 'rosed' up to have 'bictory' over dead people" paraphrased...we are victorious over death because of His glorious resurrection!
Sin=death (I'm sinful, therefore will die) Christ died for me! His death=life! (I believe in Him) Christ rose from the dead=(I get to too!)
The basics....but that's enough! Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

April said...

Yes, crazy weather, but we went ahead and wore the spring dresses! (with a coat). Happy Easter!

velvet said...

Welcome to my reality! It ALWAYS snows on Easter up here. Shopping for Easter is such a joke. The stores actually still sell spring clothes (sleeveless dresses for Rana and shorts for the boys). Glad you were still able to enjoy the day. Too much reason to celebrate not to!