Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kindergarten Around the Corner

I know I know, there are a ton of pictures of my kids...but I'm a proud momma :) This was taken at school where I teach Pre-K. I lucked out because all of them go to the same school now and I got the teacher's discount which was half off! Moms, you know how expensive good pictures get. They look so old.
The reason of this entry is because we are sending our oldest, first-born, little sweetheart to Kindergarten next year. The reality hit when we had "kindergarten round-up" at our local elementary school. Marty and I have been praying and pondering over the decision of homeschooling, private Christian school, or public school. It has been grueling. I know many of my regular blog viewers (Velvet, April etc.,) know exactly what I'm feeling. They too are sending their first-born, beautiful, precious baby girls and boys to kindergarten too next year! Anyway, after all these nights of pondering and praying, God totally answered our prayers. And most of you will be surprised (knowing us) what we have decided to do (well, what God wants us to do)...It came down to a christian school which was going to give us 1/2 off tuition or the public school. I was sold -- completely -- on the private school because it was all Bible Based curriculum and Isaac would've memorized 32 memory verses...but it was a further drive, out of our community and it would still be $200 a month. The flip side was public-- convient, right down the road, in our community, great possibility for evangilism and building eternal relationships SO WHAT TO DO???? Well, the administrator from the Christian school called yesterday and said they are not opening in the fall!!!!! So by answering our prayers, God shut down an entire school :) hee hee (since of course, I'm the center of the universe). I just praise God we have an opportunity to serve, meet people that know Him and don't know Him. But I DO NOT in the least bit, look forward to being away from Isaac 7 hours a day. I actually like being around him ! But if I like being around him, so will others :) right? Thanks for listening....and please leave a comment to help me with this transition :)

4 comments:

April said...

Heidi, I am so glad you got a clear answer (can't be much clearer than a closed school). The world is getting darker, and I know that Isaac will take his little light and let it SHINE! Some little guy sitting right next to him in school will need a friend, and Isaac will be right there to show him Jesus' love. God has really made this clear to me this year that public school is an opportunity, not a place that I have to be afraid of. He will do great! But it is hard to let them go, it's gone by so fast!

Great picture of the kids!

velvet said...

Oh my goodness. You'd think it'd been years since I'd seen your kids. They've changed so much. Rana is also going to public school, and is WAY excited. Scott and I decided against private school and even AWANAS. We've enjoyed making Thursday night our Bible night at home, and I can't even tell you how rewarding it has been. Not that Christian schools or church events are bad, but just not for us. I'm glad you feel good about your decision.

Pressing On . . . Jen said...

I know a five year old little boy who is going to be sooooooooooooo glad to hear that Isaac is officially going to his school!

Tammy said...

It's so wonderful to see how God answers prayers. Isaac will be a wonderful little testimony for his love to all his new friends. I can't believe it's already been 5 years. wow.