Monday, March 26, 2007

Princesses!

Yep, we sure are, DAUGHTERS of the King! Rhea and I had the opportunity to go to Princesses on Ice together. It was a wonderful afternoon, just my sweet daughter and me! After attendinging a women's retreat (which I'll blog about that later) I was so convicted about my time with my kids. The speaker gave an illustration that was me to a T....she said, "here you go mom, off to your ministry, teaching Sunday School etc., etc., and your babies are pulling at your shorts wanting to just spend time with you." Well, it hit hard. I had already had this afternoon planned with Rhea, but what a blessing to be able to talk to her about what it means to be a TRUE Princess! Not a fairy tale, we are the daughters of the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS! Thank God for my babies! (resounding gong I know, but it's my heart) blog more later!

3 comments:

velvet said...

Love this! Rhea looks so big, and you look beautiful. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I've been pondering the subject for days now!

Can't wait to read your next blog. Hope it comes soon!

April said...

I'm sure that was a great time! I heard the ads on the radio.
I try to remember that one day I'll pulling on their legs begging for their time, and they won't want it them =(
Time is going by way too fast!

kim s said...

HKM - thanks for the thoughts and cute pic...you look perfectly happy and I am confident that you are a terrific mom...the fact that you are even thinking about giving more of yourself tells me your kids are truly blessed.