Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Whirl Wind Weekend and Birthday Girl~


We headed to T Town, the big Tulsa for my cousin Jacqueline's wedding. We went up early to get the most out of our hotel experience! Plus I was to help my mom with the flowers and wanted to spend time with my family.

We had a birthday party for Abby in the hotel restaurant. We called all the family and invited them--not realizing the breakfast buffet was $16 a person! WHOA!. We made sure we told our guests it was a 'dutch party' However, my generous father picked up the tab anyway. We didn't have a birthday cake, but did have birthday pancake. Rhea insists she can't be two yet because we didn't have a birthday cake. We put the candles in a hardboiled egg. Abby liked it!

The wedding was precious and the reception spectacular. Rhea and Isaac have some moves...must be from my side of the family! About 10 pm, Isaac was begging to back to the hotel and sleep. I couldn't get Rhea off the dance floor! \
They also had a "kid table" at the reception full of candy, coloring books, glowy jewelry. It was fun for them!

We are truly blessed with such a beautiful sweet family! But this little trip made me realize, I probably don't need anymore. It's hard to sleep in the same room with 3 kids--especially when 3 out of 3 snore! Plus the simple knowledge that there is an indoor pool just 3 floors below made them excited and anxious the entire time. We swam a total of 4 different times in a 2 day span.

All in all, we bonded! As an immediate family and extended family. My kids couldn't go anywhere without Mamasita and Grandpa, and my Grandy, Papa, Aunt Donna and Uncle Terry were such blessings to be around. I praise God for a family who fears the Lord!
The best part was dancing with my husband! The last time we danced was at our own wedding! I love to dance...

5 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Katherine says "Happy Birthday Abby". She looks great in Katherine's shirt. I am glad I remembered to let you all borrow it. Have a great summer. We should get the girls together.

Tammy said...

I loved looking at all those photos! Abby is so stinking adorable. You have to record her singing again!

Karen said...

What fun memories! Abby turning two in T-town! yippee! Just can't wait until I get them out here at Wilshire Farms! yeah!

Dan and Tammy said...

How fun! Happy birthday to Abbi. Can you believe she's 2 already. Even though it's hard being stuck in a hotel with all the kids, it makes some fun memories! Our kids love staying in hotels.

Joel and Carla said...

Abby's hair is so long...it's hard to believe they are all..or almost 2 now.