Thursday, September 6, 2007

Second First Day


Today was the girl's first day of school. Yep, Rhea's, Abby's and Mine! Rhea woke up at 5:45 and was ready to go. I tried to get her to go back to sleep but she was just too excited. I think Abby could feel the excitement too. She woke up in a great mood and everything went so smooth. We loaded up and headed out.

I'm working in the pre-k Learning Center at Northwest Bible Church in North Dallas. On a regular non-traffic day it takes me approximately 35 minutes to get there. Today was my first go at it during rush hour. YUCK! Through the ever-construction I exited the wrong street and got lost, therefore arriving 20 minutes late.(1.3 hrs. later) I was flabergasted, but sweet Rhea was so reassuring. "Mommy, the people won't be mad at you" I love that little girl. She has such a sweet, serving spirit (have no idea where she got it)....Anyway, after getting the girls to their classes I made it and had a grand first day. I'm as tired as can be, but feel very rewarded. It seems the ladies I'm going to be working with are amazing. I'm looking forward to a great year (minus the commute) Rhea AND Abby both got high praises from their teachers. Said they were wonderful and fun> Abby was the center of attention, and Rhea was the little "helper", always serving. She said "Mom, I like my teacher, she's beaUtiful" She makes everyone feel good!

We are still struggling with Isaac. I finally had a conference with the teacher and was able to find out what his schedule is like, what they are focusing on etc., so I can motivate him. I didn't cry today...but it only took me 6 days. Can't promise on day 7. One thing though, Marty is an AMAZING daddy. He's kinda took on the project of helping Isaac get up and get ready and out the door. My kids are so blessed to have him! SO that's our random updates :) Below are a few pics for Velvet to show that we are practicing for our McWhirter challenge. PS Look at the form Abby has already

8 comments:

April said...

There's nothing in the blog about the corndogs the kids are holding. Yummy, I want one!

velvet said...

WOW! Her form is impressive.

Rhea looks like a mini Tammy. Beautiful!

Heidi McKee said...

oh, the corndogs were for breakfast, sausage on a stick is a staple in our family, quick, easy and can be taken anywhere on the run!

Tammy said...

I can't wait to squeeze those precious babies of yours! See you soon!

Karen said...

5:45AM? oh Rhea..... Is there such an hour???
just don't forget to keep a full tank of gas, in case you get stuck in those famous jams they have in BIG D! All in all, they are little troupers! teehee! Here's a million hugs and kisses!!!! momosita

Wish You Were Here said...

Your kids get ALL their good qualities from their Grampa Klein! Everyone knows that.

Dan and Tammy said...

So in the second (especially) and third picture of Rhea she looks EXACTLY like Tammy! I opened the page scrolled down and was shocked at how much they look alike. I am glad to hear all is going well with school.

Holden Photography said...

i didn't see it at first, but she really DOES look like tammy. =)