Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Isaac's First Day

A good hearty breakfast...we had a good start, smiles and everything. Oops, got toothpaste on my shirt, nothing daddy's spit can't take off. We are ready to head to school. All smiles, everything is good. The walk was great, Mom and Isaac off to school with a billion other mommies. All smiles everything is Great...we're going to make it through--- Well---no more smiles, Isaac doesn't want to stay, even though his best friend is in there. He has ahold my leg, I'm sweating, all the kids are looking at him with cocked heads, sitting nicely at thier place. Teacher has to pry him off my leg "Mommy don't go, it's too long, I don't want to stay...." Are the last words I hear as I head down the hall. As soon as I can get out of the way of the other parents I lose it. How could I leave my baby, who OBVIOUSLY doesn't want to stay in there with a bunch of strangers? How will I know if he ever stops crying? How will I know if he'll make it? I called my mother..."find out what time his recess is and go and watch." Be a stalker in other words. I thought about it, but decided against it. After telling Marty how hard it was, we both had a good cry and decided to get on with our day. It would go faster if we were busy. Right??? Well it didn't. I'm still crying and he's home for goodness sake!
3:00 finally came and me and the girls loaded up and headed to the school (with a million other mommies). Daddy met us there. I didn't even recognize him when he came out. He looked so big...and I swear I saw him 6 feet tall with a cap and gown on (freaky moment). He ran to me..."Mom, I stopped crying by myself"
He liked it
. He actually wants to go back (although I'm not so sure I want him too!) One bad thing. He got on yellow today. The teacher said he was too "talkative" WHAT? Isaac too talkative, you must have him mixed up with someone else. Oh thank God this day is over. And I have 2 more years before Rhea goes

10 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my, you can't explain, or relay what emotions all mothers have on this day until you cross that threshold and experience for yourself! What a milestone! You will see an amazing change in your little man when he learns about the world. Just keep on praying, that what he learns is for his good! love you, momasita

Pressing On . . . Jen said...

I know that made it harder for you today. At least he didn't put the choke hold on your neck while the teacher pried him loose from you! (Kayla) It will get better! I bet tomorrow he won't miss a beat. Joseph did tell me that it was too long. Jacob told him that it was too bad-- he had to go anyway!

Pressing On . . . Jen said...

I know that made it harder for you today. At least he didn't put the choke hold on your neck while the teacher pried him loose from you! (Kayla) It will get better! I bet tomorrow he won't miss a beat. Joseph did tell me that it was too long. Jacob told him that it was too bad-- he had to go anyway!

Joel and Carla said...

Wow! I can't imagine. You guys were so brave!!! Heidi, I'm praying for you tomorrow night. I hope you are feeling ok about everything!! Let me know how it goes.

April said...

I am cracking up at the way you described the morning! I know you weren't cracking up at the time, but your version of it is funny. I hope the rest of the week was great for him! (and you)

Tammy said...

He's so handsome. I still remember holding him and he just squeaking back at me. :) I love the photos and the whole 'spit on the shirt to clean it up right before school starts' emotion is perfect. I can totally relate.

Wish You Were Here said...

Love it! I remember my 1st day of school. It wasn't kindergarten, but I think I wanted to cry and hold on to my mom too. Isaac is on his way to 6'4" and a cap and gown. Just blink your eyes and that day will be here!.

Dan and Tammy said...

Elias just finished his second full week of school. He LOVES it! I have been subbing so I haven't been able to drop him off at all. Dan has been doing that! Although Jonah who started pre-k this past week has been a different story. He cried all week and so did I! It's not a good idea to be pregnant and do first days of school for everyone. I've been an emotional wreck for the last two weeks. :)

Holden Photography said...

great story! poor little isaac. i'm glad he made it through.

velvet said...

Can I say that you have one of the most handsome kindergartners? Even with that frumpy face, he looks cute. Don't know what I would do if Rana was in full day. They don't give them snacks, which even makes me crazy to think about. All that time, with one little lunch??? Glad you're through the first day drama, though.