Thursday, August 9, 2007

Knock Knock

Behold I stand at the door and Knock, whoever hears my voice will open the door and I will dine with him and he with me Rev. 3:20


Isaac, my sweet socialite, was having a sad moment the other day. He asked me to write these words on a piece of paper: "Who want to play come over" What is he doing? I wondered. Then he taped it to a stake and took it outside and put it in the ground next to the road. "Isaac, what are you doing" "I don't have any friends to play with so I'm asking whoever wants to come and play with me" Before you say, OH poor little guy, understand, he has 2 sisters, and Elisabeth is over everyday, plus he is either over at Joseph's house (best buddy) or Joseph is at our house every day. This was just a small moment in time when he felt he had no friends. He even had the girls in his plan. "I've got a good idea girls, you stand and wave at people when they drive by" I was cracking up.


In his desperate plea for a friend to play with the Holy Spirit was tugging on my spiritual heart strings. I was reminded that God hung a sign on a stake for our friendship....he put a plea out..."whoever wants to come-- come. Anyone, All. I want to be your friend." And here we go, driving by in our fast cars, our busy lives. "oh isn't that cute"--he wants a friend.

He wants our friendship so badly he died for it. He Himself hung on the stake.

He wants to dine with us. Dine in that passage means to fellowship, sit at our table and catch up, share our thoughts, dreams, desires. He wants our friendship! Thanks Isaac for showing me how badly I've neglected my Savior's friendship. I'm going start "dining" with Him more often!

6 comments:

Heidi McKee said...

the address to that verse by the way is Rev. 3:20 (it loosly translated, that's what I get for relying on memory!)

Tammy said...

I love it! Tell Isaac that Matt will be there soon to play with him, just man to man. ;)

Wish You Were Here said...

Isaac's life is about to change forever. SCHOOL. I'm sure he will have many friends after he gets there. Summer is almost over, gosh that was fast! Give them kids a big juicy, sloppy kiss and hug for me.

April said...

Oh that's funny. And yes, my first reaction was to say "poor little guy," so thanks for clearing that up! Maybe he needs a brother??

Karen said...

Good thing he is looking fwd to a playmate...some kids have imaginary ones! I can't wait to hear how his school days will turn out.
playing to a kid is like work is to us....wish we had that kind of trust and innocense as adults!
mom

velvet said...

Great analogy! I just read your mom's blog. I think you get the gift to create these beautiful analogies from her. I think it is great that your parents are bloggers! Tell Isaac that he can come play with us anytime.