Friday, July 27, 2007

Making a Splash!


Abby in the Water----always smiling :)

This is a typical day at the McKees....not just our 3 anymore.

Our kids love the water! Of course, they come by it naturally. I was in the pool or lake almost every day of every summer I can remember! But Abby is something else. We have a 3.5 foot pool that the kids swim in at least once a day. Abby thinks she's a big kid too.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4QXGWCJLudL2JqLEXSEFA9AxraUP-8TClc28MCsvRTeGSr-Npuz3qT6rUxIanJS8CLmh4j1xJtV8y4aWR505Az37DzVm46I4LhbgOUTQlk1f8WviaKWpgjtVEZo4RzeSmihY1z8ouAYU/s1600-h/CIMG2058.JPG">She can climb up the ladder and jump in. This all at the fear and trembling of mom! She gets mad when I hold her so I thought I'd teach her a lesson...I'll let her go so she'd panic and feel the insecurity of the water. Well, to my demise the plan backfired. She hit the bottem of the pool and pushed herself up enough to get a breath then made it to the ladder! She crawled up the ladder choking and coughing with a big ole grin on her face. Then she did it again! This kid definitely is blessed with the "no fear" factor. Mom, Dad---I'm sorry for everything I did growing up. Now I know your misery and worry :)
Ain't this the life!

9 comments:

Wish You Were Here said...

I remember when you were about Abby's age. We were at the lake boating. We were coming in to shore and the water was 10' ft deep. Maddie, our dog jumped in the water and I turned around just in time to see your head go under. I dove in searching and you came up laughing. So I guess you are beginning to pay for your raising? By the way, it doesn't seem to ever stop. Love Ya!

Tammy said...

Those pictures are adorable! I love it. The kids are so tan! They must be swimming every day. :) I want to go swimming with them too. :( Love you.

Pressing On . . . Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pressing On . . . Jen said...

Gotta love those "McYarbs!"

Anonymous said...

cute! i saw your kids yesterday! well 2/3 of your kids. it sure seems there here a lot. but i LOVE it. you have some of the best kids on earth and i love it when they visit!

kim s said...

I am going to have to take a road trip up there to see you and your CUTE kids...they have your eyes...and I am sure your heart for others. Thanks for sharing.

April said...

Oh they're so cute! Can I come out and take a dip in the pool?

Heidi McKee said...

Come on over!

velvet said...

Could you stop making me jealous?!