Monday, July 23, 2007

Purple Pillow

I've had a few of those---"everything's-going-wrong-laundry-too-high-groceries-too-low-kids-on-my-nerves-wish-calgon-can-take-me-away days" The days you wish you can find some rest and comfort away from everything. I don't know about you, but my comfort area or "lovey" is curling up with a good Christian novel and reading until my eyes bug out., or lately reading some of my old journals. It's amazing to see how far I've grown in some areas and yet how far I need to grow in most! But my point is, everyone has a "lovey" don't they? A good TV show, a comfy lazy-boy chair, maybe a good song, or a blankie.? Well my 4 year old has a "lovey" It's her PURPLE PILLOW. It is a hand-me-down from MY Grandma and is one of those real heavy feather-down comfy ones. My mom took an old satin pillow case and cut it down to fit this small "lovey" and the satin pillow case is purple. It's soft, squeezy and comfortable. Rhea can't sleep without it. She carries it around when she's tired, or not feeling good. When's she's scared she holds onto it. She likes it cold and will sleep on it, under it, or in it! It's her lovey and she uses it for comfort.
I've been thinking about this for a while and realized that God was talking STRAIGHT to my heart. COME TO ME ALL YOU WHO ARE BURDENED AND HEAVY LAIDEN, AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST....MY BURDEN IS LIGHT AND MY YOLK IS EASY! How I wish I could put God into a purple pillow so I can physically grab hold of Him, curl up with Him and be surrounded my His undying love, comfort and peace. So next time you grab your "purple pillow" or good book, or old coffee mug...remember that God is calling YOU to lean on Him (even in the small stuff He reminded me)

RHEA AND HER PURPLE PILLOW!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! The "yucky" feeling must really be going around!

I think my luvey is a mix between sleep, and sitting on the couch and watching silly television shows that do absolutely nothing for me!

Anonymous said...

i sure do enjoy reading your posts. that's for keeping me up-to-date on your family.

Wish You Were Here said...

Keep looking for the lessons God has for us and you may become wise before your time. Thanks I needed that! Love, Dad.

Karen said...

Isn't that great to have as a memorial, pass it down from one generation to the next! God always provides His great comforts!
mom

kim s said...

Heidi-Ho
The idea of everyone having a 'lovey' is so true...and your application of Jesus being inside...well...I might have to quote you on my blog.... :)

April said...

I'd say chocolate would be my lovey! =)