Monday, June 11, 2007

God Showing Off

These are my favorite earrings. Marty bought them for me a few years ago for our anniversary. They are from James Avery, very light and I can wear them all the time. Well, a few weeks ago I lost one. I thought it was in my bed, but after much searching and crying I did not find it. I prayed that the Lord would bring it back to me. I know, what a selfish prayer, but that earring was special to me. Well, time went by and I got over it. In the mean time, Rhea had been sick and kinda out of sorts. My prayer for her was that God would somehow let her know she is special. Just a simple prayer. Well, like God does-- he showed off. Just tonight, Rhea was sweeping the floor for me. "MOMMY, Look what I found-- a treasure!" She had found my long lost earring! So God answered both of my prayers at the same time. I was so happy. And well, we can glorify God in the small stuff too right? Praise God for lost and found earrings. P.S. Rhea has been all smiles !--she is the treasure finder and very happy.

4 comments:

velvet said...

Great story! I recently lost my heart necklace that had all our families birthstones in it (including 2 diamonds for Rana and Jace). I found party of the chain broken on the floor. I've been asking God to bring it back since December. Can I borrow Rhea, The Treasure Finder, for a little while?

Heidi McKee said...

You'll find it!

Tammy said...

I love how God does that.

Jill said...

That is so sweet. God sometimes does things that we think are just coincidence, and we don't even give him credit!

I lost a piece of jewelry at DCC before. I really thought it was long gone. And like a year later, Amanda I can't remember her last name, found it out in the grass in front of the office building. wow!