Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Broken Bone-

We just "happen" to be at my sister's house at dinner time. Since she prayed for hospitable heart, and lived abroad for 10 years, she can cook up a mean meal for any number of people that just "happen" to be by!  She had a pork shoulder roast in the crock pot and it smelled delicious.  Sure enough, we all ate and were satisfied.  My brother-in-law picked out of the giant roast, a 1/2 pound bone.  Perfect for an 80-lb dog to chew on. 

Well, I happen to have two.  Gracie is our 3 year old sleek, yellow lab.  She has been a delight to me and our family.  She is obedient, loving, and a little to herself.  I love giving her big juicy bones!  Shadow is our new boy.  A rare silver lab, he was born just 4 short months ago.  HE IS HUGE!  He is funny, he is NOT TRAINED.  But I love him the same, and thinks he deserves a bone too.  One big-delicious-juicy pork bone, and TWO deserving sweet dogs.  That was my dilemma!

Being an equal-opportunity-dog-momma I decided to make it equal for both and took the bone, a file, a hammer and a saw to the garage.  At first I tried to  file it in half...nope-  Then I tried to saw it, a little headway but was taking way too long.  OH FORGET IT-  Grabbed the giant hammer and started swinging.  It was not secure as the hammer struck the bone, it slipped and bounced off the garage floor and hit my ankle at 80 mph. Omy-goodness....I saw stars!  And may have said a few unworthy words.  (I must really love my dogs...it's 110 degrees in the garage and now I have a huge contusion on MY big ankle bone!)

 VICTORY--It worked!  Two pieces (although not equal-ugh)- But two pieces nonetheless!  I gave them to my puppies! 

THEY WERE IN HEAVEN!~~~ And I'm sure they praised my name every lick and bite along the way.  I'm sure I earned so much respect in their eyes.

In less than 15 minutes, those dogs were able to chew up and SWALLOW that bone!

REALLY?!!!!

The bone that caused major bruising, sweat and turmoil to divide!?  They ATE IT!-In 15 minutes!

They ate it and loved it...  but their internal bowels did not. 

Yep, Shadow did not make it to the grass....not even to the door  (gross)
Four towels later, bruised ankle, and a late night I realized.......  I will never just barge into my sister's house at dinner time again!   Well at least without an invitation and a contribution.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are welcome anytime!! Love this! Laughed out loud!