Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Seasons

A chill in the air, a cold wind, orange, red, yellow....apples, pumpkins, longer nights. This all adds up to one thing: AUTUMN. And I love it!

And, fires in the fireplace, Christmas, warm beds, hot chili.....yummy WINTER

Well, new life, green, warmth, colors, birds, bugs, easter....Spring... I like that too.

Swimming, sunbathing, vacationing, no school....SUMMER, Love it too

I love the seasons. It seems whatever season we're in is my favorite one. So my conclusion is I like change. I am NOT happy doing the same thing over and over. I need variety, a new scenery. Maybe because my parents moved a lot when I was little...I'm not sure, but I thrive on change... I'm always trying to find something better I guess.

Well change has been happening around the McKee house. My kids are growing. In fact, Isaac's face has changed a lot, he lost his FIRST tooth today at school.

I don't think it's bad to like change.....so why would I be so lax in my spiritual growth. Why am I content with NOT going deeper, NOT pushing myself, NOT getting out of my comfort zone. I seem to crave it in every other aspect of my life: my weight, my job, my furniture, my income, my attitude........So, my prayer is that I choose CHANGE, live out the fact that Christ has taken this full blown sinner and changed her into a spotless princess...so why don't I change into that?

Interesting...

1 comment:

Mrs. Sikes said...

Too cute. Glad you left a comment so I could see your blog. If you look at the upper left hand corner of my blog there is an icon to a page that you can use for background.....by far the simplest thing around! LOVE IT!