Friday, January 25, 2008

Keeping In Touch

I literally have friends all over the world. Friends that strengthen me, encourage me, sharpen me, and plain convict me. The thread that sews us together is not motherhood, wifehood, region we live...but simply our love for Christ! My frustration is that I don't keep in touch very well with the ones that press me the hardest! My sister and brother-in-law have been in the states for a couple of months now and I've seen them be "reconnected" with those that push and encourage them. I caught the fever as well and visited some of my bestest friends: Blake and Ally. (after not seeing them really since my wedding!)

Blake and Ally have been in full time ministry for over 11 years now. They have four BEAUTIFUL (inside and out) Girls--and their love for Christ is plain contagious. We were only with them one hour and I was convicted, encouraged and inspired to be more like Christ! It also inspired me to keep in touch better. I have friends EVERY where---but that's no excuse. If I know I'll be more like Jesus after talking with them---I'm making the call. SO those out there (you know who I'm talking about) be expecting a call!



Thanks for being my friends!

2 comments:

April said...

That's neat. Inspires me to be one of those types you would want to call. You are one of those types.

Heidi McKee said...

April! You ARE one of those Types!!