Sunday, February 11, 2007

"Mommy's Busy"

The two words I've learned to hate....it's been so crazy here trying to pack, care for Marty and Isaac (flu), plan a women's retreat, disciple, Bible study, teach Sunday School, prepare lessons for pre-K, and well, sometimes I have to shower. When Rhea says "mommy, want to play mommies with me?" Lately my automatic response has been "Mommy's busy honey." It depresses me to no end. When I do stop and play with her, I feel the stress build up in my neck because I see the laundry, the dishes, the mess, when I don't stop to play with her, the stress is there another way. I'm so tired of being BUSY! Life is too short.

2 comments:

April said...

I'd say skip the showers and the laundry, and then everyone will stop asking you to do retreats and disciple, then you'll have much more free time =)
I'm sure you're doing great and the kids think you're a great mom.

velvet said...

Can't believe you do all that stuff. I'm with April on the laundry, but I say keep the shower and dump everything else that doesn't start with a capital letter. This blog is short, but just reading it made me tired!