Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rhea Sunshine-

My sweet middle child turns 6 today. As tears fill my eyes, I simply cannot imagine where the time went. Although she has always been a little "big for her britches" it was just yesterday she was taking her first step. In her short 6 years, she has aged so well. Talking before her big brother, potty training herself-before I even thought about it, learning to read on her own...she's always been "older than what she is. A couple of years ago, she asked me "Mom, when am I going to be a teenager?!" She wants be big in every way. She's also always been a spiritual little giant. If you mentioned you needed prayer around her, she would pray every night for that issue.
She always been my deep thinker. "Mom, how come God made girls and boys"....Mom, why can't we just be born in Heaven where everything is fun?" "Mom, why did God make darkness, didn't he know it makes little kids scared?"




I know that I'm a bit biased, but she is a beautiful person. I praise God that she got her sensitivity from my sister, her quiet integrity from her Daddy, and her love of people from me. My prayer for her, since she was very small, that God would use this quiet spirit as a servant in His Kingdom. That she would delight in helping others. It is sorta working. If Abby, her little sister, wasn't so independant, Rhea would be her little mommy. She is constantly trying to talk sweetly to her and help her in situations. She does the same with me. She'll rub my head and tell me she loves me, she tries to make me laugh when I'm upset, and she loves to embellish on stories. OH what an imagination.

Yes, my little Rhea Sunshine is growing right before my eyes. I simply do not want to wake up tomorrow and take her to get her diver's license, but that is how it seems it will be. I was a 8th grade volleyball game of a friend of mine, who yesterday was toddlering around and still in diapers. I didn't realize that parents are the ones that get the growing pains! Oh Lord, may I raise a God-loving and God-fearing little lady that strives to please you in all she does. Thank you for blessing my life with her as you loan me to her for a short lifetime. May she call you her Savior so that she can live for eternity in your love and grace.....Thank you Lord for my Sunshine!
Love you little Rhea!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Heidi, this is so sweet!!! What a special, beautiful daughter you have. I'll never forget Rhea asking me how Eli was when he was in the NICU after being born. When I commented to you that she had remembered his name (which I thought was remarkable), you told me that she prayed for him every night, which was even more remarkable. What an amazing young lady! Happy birthday (a little late) to Rhea!