Monday, January 15, 2007

Fondue! Fun!

Yes, it's been a while, but I didn't think posting this would have it's true affect without the pictures, but for some reason, my acient dial up internet is not allowing pictures at this time, so I will give a brief description of our Family Fondue Fun night~

I got a chocolate fondue fountain for Christmas (well ok, I bought if for myself the day after Thanksgiving...it was going to be a gift, but I kept instead; don't laugh I know you've done that before). Anyway, we pulled it out, and me being a chocolateholic I decided to influence my entire family into the same bad habits. The kid's eyes were HUGE as the chocolate started pouring out. I think Isaac actually had saliva dripping out the side of his mouth, Rhea was speechless. So, we pulled out the pretzels, strawberries, nuts and marshmallows and started dipping away. By the way, this would've been really fun without kids hee hee. We had chocolate all over the place including hair, hands, noses and feet! We laughed and carried on. The kids loved being invovled...even Abby got her hand in it!

As I sat watching the excitement of Chocolate, I couldn't help but reflect on my excitement for other sweets. Just like the chocolate poured down, so did the blood of my Savior. How sweet it is to know him, and how exciting it is to first taste of him. Oh how I wish I could get excited, like my kids did, everytime I think about Him and what He's done in my life. Chocolate is sweet everytime I taste it....So should God. How come we get so immune to Him? He is the sweetest thing of all, and yet, we forget. My simple prayer as I cleaned up the splattered Chocolate was that I will FOREVER taste and see that the Lord is good. That the palate of my life will not grow accostume to His love, grace and mercy...and that my precious family will know His sweetness too!

Happy Fondueing....it's worth the mess!

2 comments:

April said...

Yum, I'm getting hungry! Post those pictures when you get a chance!

velvet said...

If you're gonna be a mom of 3, you best start acting like it. You're making the rest of us look bad. Don't know how you got so deep with a fountain of chocolate. It's admirable, for sure. Love ya.